SFA: Essential Services
Suicide First Aid® for Essential Services is our full day suicide prevention education programme for those working in any essential service setting such as financial or utilities sectors. This programme can be delivered in person or online and has an upper limit of 16 Learners.
This programme can also be delivered as SFA Lite®.
- Introduction & programme outline
- Working with attitudes & values
- Stigma, survivors of bereavement by suicide and the Hidden Toll®
- Suicide – The Ripple Effect® – Sector specific statistics.
- Suicide thoughts and suicide behaviour
- Intention of behaviour Versus Outcome of behaviour®
- Possible Causes of thoughts of suicide
- Population-based approach to suicide prevention
- Suicide Prevention – Intervention – Postvention
- Partnership working – First Aid Approach
- “I’m really glad you told me”® – Call handlers audio visual
- Meeting the needs of a person who is thinking about suicide
- Suicide-Safety Guide – 3 Step Model
- Step 1 – Recognise and asking about suicide
- Step 2 – Understanding and exploring options
- Step 3 – Helping you cope
- Suicide-safety and self-care
- Note taking and Future learning
“I must admit, I do feel more confident in my approach to dealing with someone in this scenario now. If I ever find myself in a situation with someone having suicidal thoughts, I will be thankful for this training.”
– SFA Learner (West Midlands Pension Fund)