SFA: Heavy Industries
Suicide First Aid® for Heavy Industry is our full day suicide prevention education programme for those working in any heavy industry service setting such as construction or skilled trade sectors. This programme can be delivered in person or online and has an upper limit of 16 Learners.
This programme can also be delivered as SFA Lite®.
- Introduction & programme outline
- Working with attitudes & values
- Stigma, survivors of bereavement by suicide and the Hidden Toll®
- Suicide – The Ripple Effect® – Sector specific statistics.
- Suicide thoughts and suicide behaviour
- Intention of behaviour Versus Outcome of behaviour®
- Possible Causes of thoughts of suicide
- Population-based approach to suicide prevention
- Suicide Prevention – Intervention – Postvention
- Partnership working – First Aid Approach
- “I’m really glad you told me”® – Heavy Industry worker video
- Meeting the needs of a person who is thinking about suicide
- Suicide-Safety Guide – 3 Step Model
- Step 1 – Recognise and asking about suicide
- Step 2 – Understanding and exploring options
Step 3 – Helping you cope
Suicide-safety and self-care
This course was eye-opening and delivered in a way that made talking about suicide seem less daunting. I recommend this course to everyone