Suicide First Aid®
Suicide First Aid® our one-day suicide prevention education programme, assured by City & Guilds, can be delivered in person or online to a maximum of 16 Learners.
- Introduction & programme outline
- Working with attitudes & values
- Stigma, survivors of bereavement by suicide and the Hidden Toll®
- Suicide – The Ripple Effect® Suicide thoughts and suicide behaviour
- Intention of behaviour Versus Outcome of behaviour®
- Possible causes of thoughts of suicide.
- Population-based approach to suicide prevention
- Suicide Prevention – Intervention – Postvention
- Partnership working – First Aid Approach
- “I’m really glad you told me”® – Audio visual
- Meeting the needs of a person who is thinking about suicide
- Suicide-Safety Guide – 3 Step Model
- Step 1 – Recognise and asking about suicide
- Step 2 – Understanding and exploring options
- Step 3 – Helping you cope
- Suicide-safety and self-care
- Future learning
City & Guilds:
Upon completion of this programme, Learners are provided with the option to gain an assured certificate by completing a written assignment. The assignment expects Learners to use both the knowledge they have gained from the SFA programme and undertake some independent study. Upon completion, the learner will receive an Assured Certificate of Learning from City & Guilds and a digital badge.